Little Free Farmstand ~ "Grow & Give"
We are excited to introduce this new initiative! Based on a similar program in Nashua, we are collaborating with SHARE in Milford to make fresh produce and eggs readily available to the community. Taking advantage of the farmstand is a great way for families to try new products without cost/risk, involve children in selecting healthy options, and foster a greater sense of community.
As part of this outreach project, we are also 'unearthing' our church garden and will be planting vegetables to donate to the farmstand.
How does it work?
We invite local growers from Amherst and Milford (and surrounding towns) to deliver their excess produce and eggs to SHARE on Sunday mornings. Volunteers will setup and staff the farmstand and families will come partake of the farmstand on Sunday afternoons (1-5pm). Any produce leftover will go to the SHARE food pantry for their clients to select from during the week.
How Can You Help?
- "Grow & Give" - share extra harvest from your garden
- Purchase extra produce when you shop
- "Farmstand Greeter" - help staff the farmstand on Sunday afternoons
- Transport produce/eggs from the church to SHARE on Sunday mornings
- Help prepare, plant, and maintain the church garden
- Donate to the SHARE Food Program
- Help organize / manage the program
We are seeking nice sturdy shelf-stable veggies like tomatoes, squash, potatoes, onions, garlic, peppers, eggplant, carrots, green beans, cucumbers, zucchini, etc. View Suggested Vegetable List. Grow em', buy em' or donate and we'll work with SHARE to get them to families that need em'!