As of July 23rd at 5:00pm ticket sales have ceased and the car raffle has reverted to a 50/50 cash raffle. This is as a result of less than 400 tickets being sold to date. (see Note 1)
The Congregational Church of Amherst, NH is hosting a “$25,000 Car Raffle” – the grand prize is $25,000 towards the car of your choice from Peter’s of Nashua! In addition to the grand prize, there is an Early Bird Raffle for tickets purchased by June 13th 12:00 PM.
- Ticket Sale Dates: Friday May 3rd 9:00 AM – Friday Aug 2nd 12:00 PM
- Ticket Sale Prices: $60 for 1 ticket, $100 for 2 tickets. Maximum of 900 tickets will be sold (see Note 1)
- Ticket Locations: Tickets can be purchased online, or at the following locations. Click on the location for a Google map:
- Congregational Church of Amherst, NH 11 Church St. Amherst NH 03031 603-673-3231
- Moulton’s Market 10 Main St, Amherst, NH 03031 (cash or check only)
- Homestead Grocery and Deli 432 Boston Post Rd. Amherst (cash or check only)
- Toadstool Bookstore Lorden Plaza, 614 Nashua St, Milford, NH 03055 (cash or check only)
- Drawing Date for Grand Prize: Tuesday August 6th, 6:00 PM on the Amherst Village Green in front of the Congregational Church of Amherst, NH, prior to the Town Band Concert.
- Drawing Date for Early Bird Raffle Prizes: Sunday June 16th at 11:30 AM in the church Community Room. Drawing is for all tickets purchased by Thursday June 13th 12:00 PM. There will be a separate ticket drawn for each prize. The winning tickets of the Early Bird prizes will be re-entered into the Grand Prize raffle. Attendance is not required to receive the prize, but all raffle purchasers are welcome to attend.
Note 1: If 400 tickets have not been sold by July 23rd, 2019 at 5:00 PM, ticket sales will cease and the Grand Prize will revert to a “50/50” raffle, in which the winner will receive 50% of the net proceeds. Please be sure to read the Rules & Regulations of this raffle. Purchaser of ticket agrees to all Rules & Regulations listed on this page below.
Early Bird prizes:
- $100 gift certificate to LaBelle Winery.
- 2 Red Sox tickets, date/game to be determined between winner and donor.
Thank you to our generous sponsors:
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
RAFFLE TICKET PURCHASE REQUIRED.
1. Eligibility: Only persons 18 years of age or older who are legal U.S. residents may purchase Tickets, with the exception of legal U.S. residents residing in the State of New Hampshire, in which case persons must be 16 years of age or older. Only one (1) individual may be identified as the purchaser (or buyer) of the raffle entry. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Agreement to Raffle Rules: Participation in the Raffle is subject to these Official Raffle Rules; by purchasing a raffle ticket, you agree to abide by and be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Raffle Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects and to waive any rights to claim ambiguity in the raffle or these Official Rules. It is strongly recommended that you review these Official Raffle Rules prior to purchase of raffle ticket.
3. To Enter: Between May 3, 2019 and August 2, 2019 12:00 pm purchase one raffle ticket (while supplies last) for $60 or two raffle tickets for $100 from a seller authorized by Sponsor. There are no complementary or discounted raffle tickets. The Internal Revenue Service takes the position that NO part of the purchase price of Raffle ticket is tax-deductible. Complete the raffle ticket with all required information. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to provide valid and current contact information. Raffle ticket is good only for purchaser and is NOT transferable (this includes but is not limited to resale). Subject to availability, entrants may purchase as many tickets as they wish. Prizes will not be issued to anyone other than the one (1) entrant whose name is on the Entry Form.
4. On-line Entry: https://www.ccamherst.org/raffle/ between 9:00 a.m. ET on May 3, 2019 and 12:00 p.m. ET on August 2, 2019 (provided supplies of raffle tickets last). Follow instructions to purchase raffle ticket, providing all required information. You will receive an immediate email confirmation of your purchase and a follow-up email confirmation with your official Raffle ticket number within one week of ordering at Sponsor’s web site. This email will act as your official Raffle ticket.
5. Raffle Drawing: For the Grand Prize of $25,000 towards purchase of car of your choice from Peter’s of Nashua will be held on Tuesday August 6 at 6:00 PM in front of the Congregational Church of Amherst, 11 Church St, Amherst, NH 03031.Sponsor will randomly select winning raffle ticket in a drawing from among all raffle tickets sold. All raffle tickets sold have an equal chance of winning. A maximum of 900 raffle tickets will be sold. Attendance at Raffle Drawing is NOT required. .
For the Early Bird Raffle Prizes Drawing: Early Bird Raffle Drawing will be held Sunday June 16, 2019 at 11:30 AM during Fellowship Hour at the Congregational Church of Amherst, NH 11 Church St. Amherst, NH 03031 in the Community Room. Eligible Raffle Tickets will be any tickets sold by 12:00 PM of June 13, 2019. Winning tickets of Early Bird Raffles will be re-entered for the Grand Prize drawing. Sponsor representative will first select one raffle ticket for $100 LaBelle Winery gift basket followed by one raffle ticket for two Red Sox tickets.
6. Insufficient Sales: In the event that less than 400 tickets are sold by the date of 5:00 PM July 23, 2019 the Grand Prize will no longer be the $25,000 towards Car of Your Choice from Peter’s of Nashua, but rather will revert to a 50/50 Cash Raffle in which the winner of the Raffle will receive 50% of the total sales of the tickets that have been sold by that date less any associated expenses of CCA, UCC.
7. To Claim Prize: If holder of matching Raffle Ticket stub is in attendance at Raffle Drawing, he/she must give the original stub or email receipt to Sponsor representative. If holder of matching Raffle Ticket stub is not in attendance at Raffle Drawing, he/she will be notified by phone or email. Winner must show valid, government-issued photo identification. If Sponsor representative determines that presented stub is valid and the winner is eligible under these Official Raffle Rules, potential winner will receive an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, and publicity release (where lawful) which must be completed, signed and returned within five (5) days or prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner selected from among all remaining Raffle Tickets. If potential winner declines the prize (or potential winner otherwise cannot be contacted), Sponsor shall have no liability to such person and shall select another Raffle Ticket as potential winner of applicable prize at a later place and time within the presence of a witness.
If Sponsor representative determines that either the Raffle Ticket stub is invalid or the holder is not eligible under these Official Raffle Rules, such stub and individual will be disqualified (with Sponsor having no liability to him/her) and another Raffle Ticket will be selected as potential winner at a later place and time within the presence of a witness.
8. Additional Prize Restrictions: SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY,REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY PRIZE. No prize substitution and no prize transfer permitted. Prize CANNOT be redeemed/exchanged for cash or credit. All unspecified costs/expenses in conjunction with prize acceptance and use are winner’s sole responsibility. Winner will be responsible for taxes, license, insurance, registration and all other costs/expenses in conjunction with claiming, ownership and use of the vehicle. Winner will be solely responsible for taxes on the fair market value of the prize as this is ordinary income to the winner; and, prepayment of taxes will be required. Winner further understands that Sponsor is obligated to report winner’s receipt of prize to appropriate governmental authorities in accordance with applicable law.
9. Taking possession of Grand Prize: Winner must redeem their prize with Peters of Nashua.
10. Cancellation and/or Modification: The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel and/or modify the Raffle.
11. Conditions of Participation/Refund Policy: Safekeeping of Raffle Ticket stub is purchaser’s sole responsibility. Any attempted transfer, purchase, sale or auction of Raffle Ticket constitutes fraud by attempted seller and attempted buyer of Raffle Ticket and renders Raffle Ticket void. Raffle Tickets obtained from unauthorized sources are void. Raffle Ticket is void if payment of funds are not received into Sponsor’s bank account due to check returns from payer’s bank or financial institution or if Purchaser’s Debit or Credit transaction is deferred by issuer of Debit or Credit card or any of their agents and as such the ticket is not eligible to win Raffle Prizes. In no event will Sponsor award more than one (1) Grand Prize. REFUND POLICY: EXCEPT WHERE OTHERWISE INDICATED, TICKET PRICE IS NOT REFUNDABLE.
12. Taxes and IRS rules: All winners shall be responsible for any and all federal, state and local income or excise taxes, fees, assessments and like charges associated with the prizes. All cash prizes will be paid net of applicable income tax withholding. $25,000 towards purchase of car of your choice from Peter’s of Nashua prize will be released after proof of payment of federal income taxes as by IRS. The IRS requires that income tax withholding on prize values of $5,000 or greater must be paid upon award and distribution. Government rules governing withholding can change without notice. Sponsor, will follow the rules in effect at the time the prizes are awarded. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of the entry does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution. Check with your qualified financial advisor for additional information.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABLITY: Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility for (a) any incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Raffle or by any technical or human error; (b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of any web site and/or (electronic) raffle tickets; and (c) any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, programming or failure of e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, or for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any person’s computer (or any information/materials stored therein) related to or resulting from downloading materials from any website or participating in Raffle. Raffle is void where prohibited by law.
14. FORCE MAJEURE: If the raffle drawing cannot be conducted at the date, time and location indicated in Rule 5 due to fire, flood, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, materials shortage, governmental regulation, terrorist act (or threat of same) or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, Sponsor will conduct the raffle drawing at an alternate date, time and location to be posted on https://www.ccamherst.org/raffle/. If the on-line sale of raffle tickets cannot be conducted as planned due to fire, flood, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, materials shortage, governmental regulation, terrorist act (or threat of same) or virus, bug, worm or other computer/electronic/technological malfunction, error or failure of any kind, Sponsor will honor those (electronic) raffle tickets already sold but may suspend or terminate continued sales of (electronic) raffle tickets by posting a notice to such effect on the website.
15. RELEASES: By accepting a prize, where legal, winner agrees to the use of his/her name, photograph, voice, likeness, image, address (city, state) and other indicia of persona by Sponsor and its designees without further compensation or notice. By participating, entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor and its promotion/production/marketing/public relations agencies and prize suppliers, including but not limited to Peter’s of Nashua, CCA/UCC, and their respective directors, officers, representatives, congregants, employees, volunteers, successors and assigns, from any and all liability arising from participating in the Raffle, any Raffle-related activity and/or the acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize. Failure of Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Raffle Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision.
16. ARBITRATION: In the event a dispute arises regarding the Raffle, which cannot be resolved, such dispute shall be submitted to arbitration and resolved in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association then in effect. All such arbitration shall take place at the office of the American Arbitration Association located in Concord, NH. Any dispute submitted to arbitration must be brought individually, not as part of a class; and, in any such dispute, ticket purchaser waives any right to receive any recovery other than actual out-of pocket cost of purchasing raffle ticket(s). The arbitrator shall apply the internal, substantive law of the State of New Hampshire in resolving any such dispute. The award or decision rendered by the arbitrator shall be final, binding and conclusive, and judgment may be entered upon such award by any court.
17. Winners List: For the names of winners, send an email to Congregational Church of Amherst referencing: “$25,000 towards purchase of Car of Your choice from Peter’s of Nashua Raffle WINNERS” for receipt by September 30, 2019.
Third Party trademarks are used solely for purposes of prize/event identification.